This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Bob Katter MP
- Katter's Australian Party Representative for Kennedy
- Changed party from Independent on 27 Sep 2011
- Entered House of Representatives on 13 March 1993 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Bob Katter speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Matters of Public Importance: Health Care (22 Mar 2023)
“It took us eight or nine years to get the Townsville medical school. It was the first medical school built in Australia in 44 years. We live 2½ thousand kilometres from Brisbane, so our young people went to Brisbane to become doctors, and they were never going to return the 2½ thousand kilometres to North Queensland. In spite of turning out 200 doctors a year, our crisis may be at...”
- Statements by Members: Queensland: Floods (22 Mar 2023)
“As we talk, most of the north-west corner of Queensland is underwater. I flew nearly 200 kilometres in a helicopter, and I never saw any ground underneath the helicopter for the entire distance. If ever there were an argument for a separate state—I don't know of a million people anywhere in the world that are ruled by a government over 1,000 kilometres away or 2,000 kilometres away....”
- Adjournment: Safeguard Mechanism (Crediting) Amendment Bill 2022 (21 Mar 2023)
“I pay great tribute to my honourable colleague here, who is actually doing something about lowering emissions. When you burn ethanol, CO2 goes up into the atmosphere. It's exactly the same as if you burn petrol; CO2 goes up into the atmosphere, but there's one hell of a difference. Sugar cane, or the grain, pulls it back down again, so it's going up and down instead of going up and staying...”
More of Bob Katter's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 56 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 29 comments on this Representative's speeches — well above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 14–15 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 98 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Bob Katter speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 613 times in debates — well above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)