This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Bert Van Manen MP
- Liberal Party Representative for Forde
- Entered House of Representatives on 21 August 2010 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Bert Van Manen speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Adjournment: Forde Electorate: Health Services (22 Mar 2023)
“As many in this place know, the Logan region in my electorate is growing rapidly; however, the population is also ageing, which is putting pressure on our local health services. So, it's only right that the people of Logan receive the same access to timely, high-quality health care that is already available in other capital cities like Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra and...”
- Statements by Members: Cost of Living (22 Mar 2023)
“As has been spoken about a number of times in this place over recent weeks, we are well aware the sad fact is that 21 per cent of households across Australia are experiencing some form of food insecurity. I've seen firsthand families in the Logan community struggling with the rising cost of living, and, as we've seen in recent days, that's only going to get worse. Sadly, for the families to...”
- Private Members' Business: Kids Helpline (20 Mar 2023)
“I move: That this House: (1) notes that: (a) yourtown has been providing vital services for young people across Australia since 1961, with a focus on mental health and wellbeing, long-term unemployment, prevention of youth suicide, child protection, as well as support for those experiencing domestic and family violence; (b) for over 30 years yourtown has been providing free professional...”
More of Bert Van Manen's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 2 comments on this Representative's speeches — above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 14 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Bert Van Manen speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 615 times in debates — well above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)