This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Anne Aly voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly for implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted moderately against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Statements by Members: Eid-ul-Adha (1 Aug 2019)
“While members and senators are away on break over August, millions of Muslims around the world will be celebrating Eid-ul-Adha. In my family, we call this the 'big Eid', which is unlike Eid-ul-Fitr, which is observed at the end of Ramadan. Eid-ul-Adha is celebrated after the completion of hajj, the Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca. Eid-ul-Adha is a four-day celebration, celebrating the spirit of...”
- Private Members' Business: National Integrity Commission (29 Jul 2019)
“I would like to start by commending the member for Mayo for this motion. I agree with the member for Mayo that the majority of Australians would like better and more robust oversight of our Commonwealth public sector, and particularly our Commonwealth parliament. There is something within this motion though that I have to question, because the motion starts by congratulating the government on...”
- Adjournment: Diabetes (25 Jul 2019)
“I really enjoyed the member for Berowra's contribution. I wish I could sit down and have a discussion with him. So perhaps we can do that in private. Today I want to talk about type 1 diabetes, which is an issue that I've taken up that is very close to my heart. This year my husband, David, and I were once again honoured to be invited to attend the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation gala...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 1 comment on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 6 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Anne Aly speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 105 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)