This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Anne Aly voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly for implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted moderately against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Private Members' Business: Australian Made Products (26 Oct 2020)
“Today I'm wearing a recycled silk top—which I got as a steal—by WA designer Flannel, and a silk skirt from their winter 2020 collection. My earrings are from a shop called Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves, which— A division having been called in the House of Representatives Sitting suspended from 18:12 to 18:39 I'm going to start again by saying that today I am wearing a...”
- Statements by Members: Relay for Life (26 Oct 2020)
“On Saturday 17 October, I was honoured to once again attend and MC the Cancer Council Relay for Life Joondalup-Wanneroo at HBF Arena in Joondalup. This is the 13th year that it has been held at the stadium in Joondalup and the fourth year that I have been the MC. Relay for Life events raise vital funds for medical research in the hope of a cancer-free future, and people are drawn to those...”
- Bills: Family Law Amendment (A Step Towards a Safer Family Law System) Bill 2020 (26 Oct 2020)
“I would also like to add my voice in thanking the member for Moreton for tabling the Family Law Amendment (A Step Towards a Safer Family Law System) Bill 2020. This very important bill removes the presumption of equal shared parental responsibility. As the member for Newcastle explained, this provision in the Family Law Act was first introduced in 2016. We've heard evidence of the damaging...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 1 comment on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 6 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Anne Aly speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 155 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)