This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Fenner
- Assistant Minister for Competition, Charities and Treasury (since 1 Jun 2022)
- Entered House of Representatives on 21 August 2010 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Andrew Leigh speaks (no more than once per day)
- Bills: Treasury Laws Amendment (2022 Measures No. 3) Bill 2022, Foreign Acquisitions and Takeovers Fees Imposition Amendment Bill 2022, Income Tax Amendment (Labour Mobility Program) Bill 2022; Second Reading (28 Sep 2022)
“In 1951, Frank McEncroe, a boilermaker from Bendigo, invented the Chiko Roll. He'd been impressed by chicken rolls that were sold at Richmond games, but he decided that it wasn't an item that you could hold in one hand. And the genius of the Chiko Roll, Deputy Speaker Chesters, as you'll know so well, is that it is an item which is so deep fried that you can hold it in one hand without it...”
- Bills: Treasury Laws Amendment (More Competition, Better Prices) Bill 2022; Second Reading (28 Sep 2022)
“I move: That this bill be now read a second time. This bill will deliver on the government's election commitment to help ease the cost of living by increasing penalties for breaches of competition and consumer laws and to provide greater protections for small businesses from unfair contract terms. Schedule 1 to the bill will increase the maximum penalty for anti-competitive behaviour under...”
- Constituency Statements: Radio 1RPH, Local Sporting Champions Program, Ross, Ms Kathryn (28 Sep 2022)
“Located on the Barton Highway in Gungahlin, Radio 1RPH—radio for the print handicapped—is an independent not-for-profit organisation that provides a radio reading service to people with print disabilities, as well as to the general listening public. It is greatly appreciated by those with visual impairments but also by Canberra's taxi drivers, who often find themselves enjoying...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 4 comments on this Representative's speeches — well above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 29 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Andrew Leigh speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 814 times in debates — well above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)