This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Andrew Hastie voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly against implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Has never voted on increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Statements by Members: Illicit Drugs (4 Dec 2018)
“Next week, Mandurah celebrates the result of three years of hard work with the official opening of the Peel Youth Medical Service Health Hub. In 2015 I met with GP Down South to discuss the health challenges faced by young people in the Peel region. Like many, I was deeply concerned about the young lives being ruined by drug abuse. GP Down South had a plan for a youth health facility focused...”
- Bills: Intelligence Services Amendment Bill 2018; Report from Committee (4 Dec 2018)
“On behalf of the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Intelligence and Security, I present the committee's report entitled Advisory report on the Intelligence Services Amendment Bill 2018. Report made a parliamentary paper in accordance with standing order 39(e). by leave—I am pleased to present the committee's report entitled Advisory Report on the Intelligence Services Amendment Bill...”
- Adjournment: Canning Electorate: Infrastructure, National Security (29 Nov 2018)
“As 2018 draws to a close, I report to the House on the Morrison government's commitments in Canning, and also on how we have worked to strengthen Australia's national security. 2018 has been a huge year for our region. The Morrison government has delivered record funding for important infrastructure and services across the Peel region and Perth Hills. In the May budget we delivered $253...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 79 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 5 comments on this Representative's speeches — well above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 5 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Andrew Hastie speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 123 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)