This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Alicia Payne voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Has never voted on more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted moderately against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Questions without Notice: COVID-19: Indigenous Australians (2 Sep 2021)
“My question is to the Prime Minister. The Prime Minister said, 'Ultimately, everything is a state matter.' Is it the states or is it the Prime Minister who have left First Nations people, including those living in western New South Wales, unvaccinated and unprotected against COVID?”
- Statements by Members: Afghanistan (2 Sep 2021)
“Over the past weeks I've been speaking with Afghan members of my community, including on Monday, when I met with representatives of the Canberra Hazara community with the member for Scullin, and I thank him. The situation for the Hazara ethnic group in Afghanistan is now extremely dangerous, as their historic persecution becomes emboldened and amplified under Taliban rule. It is really hard...”
- Questions without Notice: COVID-19: COVIDSafe App (30 Aug 2021)
“My question is to the Minister for Health and Aged Care. Last week, the Minister for Health and Aged Care said that the government's COVIDSafe app had played an important role in contact tracing. But, according to the Canberra Times, a report was handed to the minister in March this year which said that the app had provided little assistance to the health response between March and November...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 44 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 0 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Alicia Payne speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 78 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)