This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Alicia Payne voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Adjournment: Immigration Detention, COVID-19 (12 May 2020)
“I will rise tonight to talk about the global coronavirus pandemic, but first I want to talk about a little girl who is turning five today. Kopika, I want to wish you a very happy fifth birthday, and your family. Sadly, although she was born here in Australia, Kopika, her parents, Priya and Nades and her two-year-old sister, Tharunicaa, are marking this day in immigration detention at...”
- Matters of Public Importance: Economy (12 May 2020)
“Today in his statement the Treasurer pronounced the pandemic to be, 'A health and economic shock the likes of which the world has never seen'. He is, of course, right. So why, in the face of this catastrophic economic and health outlook, is he refusing to protect everyone in Australia? Why is he planning to cut back supports for everyone else on 24 September? We have seen a good response from...”
- Statements by Members: Australian Broadcasting Corporation (4 Mar 2020)
“In estimates yesterday, despite denials from Senator Reynolds, my colleague Senator Marielle Smith confirmed with the ABC that their budget has been brutally cut by subsequent coalition governments. With the closure of AAP the latest example of the fourth estate in strife, the ABC is ever more vital to the health of our democracy. Anyone who saw Leigh Sales's interview with the Prime Minister...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Alicia Payne speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 24 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)